TEEN, TWEEN AND YOUTH ASSOCIATE
So, what will this person do?
- Report to and work closely with the Director of Education and Youth to create social, academic, and spiritual content for the annual calendar of events.
- After the first year of employment, the Teen and Youth Associate will work with the Education and Youth Director to plan the Teen and Youth calendar for the next academic year.
- Offer programs on selected Shabbat mornings, Saturday evenings, and Sunday afternoons.
- Shop for materials needed for events using AAC procurement procedures.
- Work with the Executive Administrative Assistant and the Communication Coordinator to create regular publicity to inform parents and teens about all upcoming programs.
- Meet weekly by phone, Zoom, or in person with the Director of Education and Youth to discuss program plans, communication needs, and other matters.
- Time commitment for this position averages two to four hours a week.
What qualifications does this person need?
- Genuine rapport with tweens and teens.
- Experience in event and program planning for teens and youth.
- A completed bachelor’s degree, current enrollment in a bachelor’s program, or the equivalent.
- Jewish education, such as enrollment in a supplemental religious school, b’nai mitzvah training, day school, college level coursework.
- Firsthand experience with Jewish youth groups and or Jewish summer camps is a plus.
- Interest in combining Jewish values, texts, and history with issues of social justice, community service, and identity building.
- Ability to work as a member of a programming team.
- Attend Teen and Youth events and/or work with staff to find appropriate alternative supervision for all scheduled programs.
- Patience, respect, and care when working with parents, co-workers, and other members of the Agudas Achim community.
- Confidence to work independently as needed.
- Professional characteristics including dependability, resourcefulness, and honesty.
- Familiarity with different types of social media as well as strong written and oral communication skills.
- Access to reliable transportation to and from Agudas Achim.
What is the compensation?
Salary is contingent upon experience. Other benefits include congregational membership, 2 High Holiday tickets, free admission for all Agudas Achim School and Youth programs and events.
To apply, send a brief cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com