Kehilat Pardes — The Rock Creek Synagogue, a Modern Orthodox Jewish community located in the Aspen Hill neighborhood in Rockville, MD, seeks a part-time Youth Director to lead and grow our youth program, which is restarting after a COVID-19 hiatus. The ideal candidate is a dynamic, motivated, creative and flexible individual who enjoys working with children of all ages (toddlers through High School) to design and lead engaging Shabbat and Holiday programming as well as programming throughout the year.
Our community is made up of members and guests from all backgrounds, and we strive to create a culture of welcoming, spiritual dynamism, and social responsibility in our close-knit congregation. The ideal candidate will become a part of our community, rather than just an employee.
- Coordinate with the synagogue board, youth committee and rabbi on programming opportunities and a youth budget
- Implement curriculum and plan Shabbat and Yom Tov morning groups for children in grades nursery up to middle school
- Coordinate and supervise Shabbat group leaders, including parent volunteers and teen leaders
- Coordinate childcare for open play after morning groups
- Plan and run holiday programming
- Plan and run occasional non Shabbat and Yom Tov programming throughout the year
The ideal candidate:
- Has a strong background knowledge of Judaism
- Has experience working with Jewish youth
- Has strong organizational, communication and relationship-building skills
- Has the ability to lead projects and programs independently
- Has a working knowledge of current technology including document creation and social media
- Must be able to walk to the synagogue on Shabbat and Yom Tov
- Must be willing to commit to a minimum of one year
While this is a part-time position (approximately 15 hours per week) with flexible hours for organizing and planning, it requires a presence in synagogue on Shabbat and some holidays. To apply, please contact [email protected].
To apply, please contact [email protected].