Jewish Federation of Greater Washington – Senior Director, Donor Engagement
Working with the Chief Donor Experience Officer, the Senior Director of Donor Engagement is responsible for the creation, implementation, and execution of a strategic, relationship-driven, cohort-based engagement model. The Senior Director and her/his team focus on engaging donors through peer groups and relationships including small groups, larger events, and immersive missions. The Senior Director provides strategic management and supervision to three Director level team members who oversee the Business Professionals Network, Women’s Philanthropy and Young Leadership Divisions, as well as to key cross-divisional functions such as missions and fundraising events. The Senior Director provides strategic direction for increasing donor engagement, donor retention and acquisition, and lay leadership involvement through this cohort-based engagement program. Day-to-day, the Senior Director provides real-time leadership, guidance, and critical management to the teams under their supervision. In addition, the Senior Director is a key relationship builder, working with donors and lay leaders to help advance donor engagement across the organization.
Department: Financial Resource Development (FRD)
Reports to: Chief Donor Experience Officer
- Serves as a strong leader, ambassador, and resource throughout the greater Washington Jewish community.
- Develops comprehensive annual fundraising and donor engagement plans in partnership with the Directors of The Business Professionals Network, Women’s Philanthropy and Young Leadership.
- Oversees fundraising events and missions and partners with key staff across the organization to achieve successful outcomes.
- Works in partnership with the marketing, events and donor relations teams to develop necessary systems and procedures for the operations of the donor engagement department.
- Serves as relationship manager for an appropriate number of key constituents
- Integrates and initiates endowment conversations and partners with colleagues to create planned giving opportunities within The Business Professionals Network, Women’s Philanthropy and Young Leadership.
- Partners with the Senior Director of Campaign Management and Strategy and Senior Philanthropic Officers to create robust donor engagement pipelines and to ensure that donor engagement opportunities are being utilized to advance moves management.
- Provides strategic direction to ensure the successful execution and achievement of tasks that directly impact the financial success of the organization.
- Works in partnership with the Chief Donor Engagement Officer and Senior Director of Campaign Management and Strategy to staff the VPs of FRD and implementation of the Annual Campaign.
- Provides professional support to lay leadership to identify, initiate, and develop solicitation efforts, enhance current initiatives and implement fundraising activities.
- Develops and maintains Donor Engagement department budget.
- Partners with the Strategic Planning and Allocations department to ensure effective engagement of the cohorts in core Federation content.
- Develops effective strategies for cultivating, soliciting and stewarding prospects, through the relationship-based fundraising model to further engagement with key organizational priorities.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in annual fundraising, donor engagement, customer service, sales or relationship or account management
- Strong interpersonal skills that enable relationship and partnership building with key lay leaders, donors and professionals at all levels
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Data-driven decision-maker who is comfortable with analytics and data management
- Strong donor-relations skills: proven ability in creating strategies to cultivate prospects and channel donor engagement leading to greater charitable support
- Excellent verbal communication skills, in order to respond effectively and diplomatically with donors, volunteers, community leaders, and the general public
- MBA or Master’s level degree in a related field preferred
- Strong supervisory skills to sustain the performance of subordinates, nourish growth, and maintain a mutually supportive working environment
- Significant experience in management of membership or volunteer operations and working volunteer committees
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; comfortable with and open to new technology
- First-hand knowledge of the Jewish community, its customs, and practices
Organizational Vision, Mission, and Function:
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington is an innovative, mission-driven non-profit organization that envisions an open, connected and vibrant Jewish community that cares for each other, fosters Jewish learning and journeys, embraces Jewish peoplehood and Israel, and acts as s force for good in the world. Federation inspires, builds and sustains vibrant Jewish life in a changing world by mobilizing our community in common purpose, intentional innovation, and effective action.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send a cover letter and resume to JOBS@SHALOMDC.org. using subject line “Sr Dir Donor Engagement FY20”.