Preschool Director, Full Time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise Preschool teachers.
- Recruit and retain students.
- Oversee the daily operation of the Preschool.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Preschool families.
- Participate in the planning and preparation of special events and holiday celebrations.
- Integrate Preschool activities and families into the synagogue community.
- Prepare and adhere to budget.
- Ensure the maintenance of the Preschool’s webpage and social media.
- Create policies and develop curricula.
- Be proactive and innovative to help grow the Preschool.
- Understand VA State Guidelines, including the religious exemption, and adhere to them as applicable.
- Minimum: Associates Degree in Early Childhood Development (or related field) with 15 credit hours in ECE or related field. Teaching experience a plus.
- Preferred: Masters Degree in ECE or related field, multiple years teaching experience. School administrative experience a plus.
- Meet one of the requirements for a program director in Virginia as described in 22VAC40-185-190.
- Possess a love for children as well as a demonstrated record of success in teaching, leadership, and/or educational administration.
- A knowledge of Judaism, Jewish education, and service to the Jewish community.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and administrative skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in marketing strategy, community engagement, and financial management.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with leadership (the synagogue’s Rabbi, Education Director, staff and lay leaders).
- A commitment to educational excellence, community growth, and financial sustainability.
Compensation & Benefits:
Congregation Etz Hayim offers a competitive salary and benefits (both commensurate with experience). Position to start June 1, 2021 (or sooner if possible).
Qualified candidates should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.