PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Programmatic Project Management
o Manage the JCRC’s annual meeting and annual gala, the largest annual agency events, including supporting the co-chairs, honorees and speakers; coordinating the creation of guestlists and marketing materials; booking and coordinating with the venue and all vendors; overseeing the design, printing and mailing of invitations and all print and digital material; creating staff assignments; and coordinating board volunteers
o Provide programmatic support for other events including Legislative Breakfasts, Advocacy Days and Yom Ha’Shoah Commemoration.
o Arrange for event security as warranted
Executive Assistant to Executive Director
• Serve as “Gate Keeper” to the Executive Director including scheduling, mail, phone calls, and communication with other JCRC departments
• Maintain Executive Director’s calendar, travel arrangements, timesheets, expense reimbursements, and participation in community and life cycle events
• Support Executive Director as requested and carry out other responsibilities as assigned by Executive Director or Associate Director.
o Supervise office manager; oversee the booking of venues, coordinating of community calendars, creation of guest lists, ordering of food and supplies, preparation of event materials, and event logistics including attendee registration and set-up/clean-up
o Advertise for, conduct interviews and supervise multiple interns
o Coordinate with staff and outside consultants for the collection and revision of written materials to promote the agency, including commission and annual reports
Board, Donor and Revenue Management
• Manage board application process and communication with board members
• Coordinate and prepare printed materials for board meetings, new board member orientation, executive committee meetings, and nominating committee meeting
• Support financial administration: create and maintain Executive Director’s fundraising call sheets, track pledges, process deposits, and generate thank you letters
• Provide support to JCRC comptroller on relevant budget issues
o Extremely well organized, detail oriented, and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment where priorities change frequently
o Strong understanding of, and adherence to, confidentiality
o Ability to develop warm relationships with board and community members and the ability to read situations, anticipate needs, and prioritize issues for the Executive Director’s attention
o Excellent in-person and written communication skills, ability to proofread a plus
o Familiarity with the Jewish community and knowledge of rituals and customs
o MS Office Suite and CRM experience, comfort with learning new systems, web site management experience helpful
o 7 years of administrative or other relevant professional experience
o 4-year undergraduate degree required.
o Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends and participate in the JCRC’s culture of teamwork where staff members assist one another and look for ways to add value based on individual skillsets
Pay from $55,000 – $75,000. Benefits include 403 (b) and employer match, health and dental insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible schedule, generous paid time off, and parental leave.