Management responsibilities include: (1) assuring sound fiscal management, (2) managing communications within the organization and to the public, (3) providing administrative support for all our branches and committees, (4) arranging for maintenance needs of our retreat center, including bookings/rentals of our retreat center and (5) supervision of paid staff, vendors and volunteers as necessary.
The Managing Director is accountable to the Executive Director and Board of Trustees. The candidate works with the Executive Director/ Spiritual Leader to fulfill our mission and provide for our staffing needs. We seek a candidate with excellent communication and people skills as well as knowledge of administrative data systems and digital media marketing to support our community and outreach efforts.
Work location can be split between home, in town center, and at the Retreat Center.
• Experience in managing budgets and finances (comfortable with Quickbooks)
• Data management skills to maintain membership and financial databases to assure accurate data tracking and reporting
• Event planning skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills to accomplish a broad variety of tasks
• Experience in use of social media
• Ability to work effectively with other staff, Board, lay committees, and community volunteers
• Ability to provide leadership and supervision to staff, vendors, and volunteers
• Three years related experience
• Bachelor’s degree in management and/or social non-profit entrepreneurship.
• Familiarity with Jewish holidays
This position is 30-35 hours per week and includes benefits and the opportunity to grow into a full-time position.
Please send resume and two references to:
Rabbi David Shneyer, Chair, Search Committee
Am Kolel Jewish Renewal Community
Feel free to call 301-349-2799