Jewish Federation of Greater Washington – Senior Philanthropic Officer, Northern Virginia
A 2017 community study revealed that the Jewish community in Northern Virginia is home to more than 100,000 Jews and is growing at a rapid rate. The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington is hiring a Senior Philanthropic Officer to energetically and strategically build its presence and impact in Northern Virginia by partnering with community members, donors, and key communal leadership.
This is an exciting leadership opportunity for someone who knows and loves the Jewish Community, is an active member of the Northern Virginia Community, and wants to improve Jewish communal life in one of the fastest growing Jewish communities in America.
- Serves as Relationship Manager: cultivates and develop deep relationships with key community members, donors, prospects, and lay leaders throughout Northern Virginia by conducting 18 or more pre-planned face-to-face meetings per month
- Manages an integrated fundraising portfolio with the effective identification, cultivation, face to face solicitation and stewardship of Northern Virginia donors and prospects
- Participates in a Federation cross-functional team to develop and implement a complete Northern Virginia strategy which includes fundraising and organizational engagement goals
- Partner with FRD team members and lay leaders to prioritize prospects and coordinate discovery, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship moves
- Collaborates with the Donor Engagement Team to connect Northern Virginia donors and prospects into FRD engagement cohorts, events, and programming
- Works to ensure donor satisfaction with the highest level of customer service
- Frequently attends events and programs in the Northern Virginia Jewish community, and serves as an ambassador of the Jewish Federation
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in successful fundraising of leadership level gifts with demonstrated success cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors
- Strong experience in relationship and partnership building with community organizations and lay leaders
- Knowledge of fundraising systems and experience in prospect identification
- Strong donor-relation and/or customer relation skills: proven ability in creating strategies to cultivate prospects and channel donor engagement leading to greater charitable support
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively with team members at all levels
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; comfortable with and open to new technology
- Positive, can-do, go-getter attitude
- Ability to work independently and remotely, perform well under pressure, juggle multiple tasks and exhibit sound judgment
- Commitment to the mission of The Jewish Federation
- Intimate knowledge of the Jewish community, its customs, and practices
- Strong connection to/involvement in the Northern Virginia Jewish community preferred
Organizational Vision, Mission, and Function:
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington envisions an open, connected, and vibrant Jewish community that cares for each other, fosters Jewish learning and journeys, embraces Jewish peoplehood and Israel, and acts as a force for good in the world. As a mission-driven non-profit organization, we work to inspire, build, and sustain vibrant Jewish life in a changing world by mobilizing our community in common purpose, intentional innovation, and effective action. Learn more at shalomdc.org.
Interested? To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, using subject line SPONV – 2019.