Jewish Federation of Greater Washington – Portfolio Management & Prospect Research Associate
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington has recently completed a new strategic plan, which relies on financial growth to support our planned substantial investments for our community. We are hiring a Portfolio and Prospect Research Associate to strategically and efficiently manage our Managed Constituents (Moves Management) program, supporting our Key Relationship and Donor Engagement teams. This is an exciting opportunity to join the inaugural Campaign Strategy and Management Team and lead a data-driven and research approach to financial resource development.
- Champion the adoption and use of our moves management (Managed Constituent) module within our database, including the development and implementation of stewardship plans
- Manages the prospect management system within the database to assure Managed Constituents, Plans, and Steps are accurate, current and properly coded
- Prepare regular bi-weekly metrics and interaction reports, (providing more detailed reports and analysis as needed), to ensure Managed Constituents are moving through the donor life cycle on pace and in-line with campaign goals
- Provide re-active Donor and Prospect Research that enhances fundraising and relationship building activities
- Lead pro-active prospect research to identify and present new potential donors who have the capacity and inclination to support JFGW’s mission
- Oversee the daily administration of the systems data, data health, performance, and metrics; serve as the team liaison to the Donor Center Team.
- Develop systems and processes for identifying donor interest and engagement categories, capturing that data in the database in a consistent way, and allowing for utilization by our Campaign, Engagement, and Direct Marketing teams
- Serve as a subject matter expert and reference to FRD colleagues for all things database related
- Lead and participate in data analysis and campaign management projects as required, including cross-functional data projects across the organization
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in fundraising and/or organizational management support role with demonstrated success in project management
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and comfortable in managing and following up with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of fundraising processes and prospect research tools and best practices
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively with team members at all levels
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, and comfortable with and open to new technology
- Positive, can-do, go getter attitude
- Ability to work independently, perform well under pressure, balance multiple tasks/requests and exhibit sound judgment
- Commitment to the mission of The Jewish Federation
- Knowledge of the Jewish community, its customs and practices is preferred
Organizational Vision, Mission, and Function:
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington is an innovative, mission-driven non-profit organization dedicated to building a vibrant, welcoming and inclusive Jewish community for all. Federation identifies and meets community needs to create a strong local Jewish community and strengthen our connection with Jews in Israel and around the world. Federation partners with more than 60 local, national and international agencies to offer innovative programs and services to all who need and want them. Federation articulates a clear vision for Jewish life and brings together resources of all kinds in pursuit of that vision. Learn more at shalomdc.org.
Interested? To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, using subject line ProspectResearch-2020.