Jewish Federation of Greater Washington – NoVA Relationship Manager
A recent landmark community study revealed that the Jewish community in Northern Virginia is home to more than 100,000 Jews and is growing at a rapid rate. In this role as a NoVA Relationship Manager, you will inspire, shape, and energetically and strategically build JFGW’s presence and impact in Northern Virginia by partnering with community members, local and national agencies, donors, congregational Rabbi’s and key communal leadership. This is a unique leadership opportunity for a dynamic professional who knows and loves the Jewish Community and wants to shape the future of Jewish communal life in one of the fastest growing Jewish communities in America.
- Supports the Director, Innovation with maintaining relationships with community members, donors, prospects, and lay leaders in Northern Virginia and partners with local and national agencies to identify engagement programming that aligns with the strategic priorities for the Northern Virginia community.
- Builds partnerships and relationships with synagogues, agencies, and institutions in Northern Virginia to advance the Jewish Federation’s impact and presence; serves as a community connector and networker in collaboration with the strategic planning and allocations and Task Force teams
- Represents JFGW at events and programs in the Northern Virginia Jewish community, and serves as an ambassador of the Jewish Federation
- Collaborates with Leadership Development and Fundraising teams to build pipelines for potential leaders and donors in Northern Virginia
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience customer service, relationship or account management, sales/fundraising, or engagement
- Strong interpersonal skills that enable relationship and partnership building with community organizations, lay leaders, and professionals at all levels
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Data-Driven decision-maker who is comfortable with analytics and data management
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; comfortable with and open to new technology
- Positive, can-do, go getter attitude
- Ability to work independently, perform well under pressure, juggle multiple tasks and exhibit sound judgment
- Connection to/involvement in the Northern Virginia Jewish community preferred
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington is an innovative, mission-driven non-profit organization dedicated to creating a welcoming and inclusive Jewish community for all. Federation identifies and meets community needs to create a strong local Jewish community and strengthen our connection with Jews in Israel and around the world. Federation partners with more than 60 local, national and international agencies to offer innovative programs and services to all who need and want them. We deliver measurable impact with immeasurable heart.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send a cover letter and resume to JOBS@SHALOMDC.org using subject line “NoVA RM FY20”.