Jewish Federation of Greater Washington – Donor Communications & Reporting Manager
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington seeks a passionate and self-motivated communicator to be our Donor Communications & Reporting Manager. Your work will be critical to communicating Federation’s vision, mission, and impact to our key stakeholders.
The Donor Communications & Reporting Manager is an experienced writer and proven communications professional. In this role, you will contribute to and implement a strategy that nurtures established, successful relationships between The Jewish Federation and its donors. As part of a talented team, you will research, write, and produce compelling stewardship reports, acknowledgments, updates, and more for those who invest their resources to drive our mission forward.
The Manager’s primary responsibilities are to envision, develop, and execute creative, compelling communications that engage donors and motivate philanthropic support for Federation; and to report the results of Federation’s work. Your goal will be ensuring that every donor knows and appreciates the full impact of their gift.
The Manager must be an excellent communicator, researcher, and problem-solver, with the resourcefulness and perspective to draft clear and consistent messages for a variety of audiences. You will leverage your demonstrated storytelling capabilities to translate complex metrics and ideas into persuasive communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with colleagues across the organization, including in Financial Resource Development (FRD) and Impact, to develop donor communications plans; and assist in identifying how and when to communicate for best results
- Provide strategic communications guidance and recommendations to clients and colleagues, including the development of metrics for measuring current programming
- Produce original materials for donors that communicate opportunities for and impact of giving to Federation, including but not limited to digital and print collateral, individualized and general cases for giving, annual reports, impact reports, and acknowledgments
- Work with colleagues to establish performance metrics for quality and impact of events and stewardship activities
- Provide day-to-day oversight of the donor communications calendar to ensure well-timed, cross-channel engagement with key audiences.
- Collaborate with program staff and leadership to identify funding needs
- Collaborate with development and program staff to create effective proposals, grants, and reports, consulting as needed in areas such as program development and program evaluation
- Maintain a database of proposals and reports, along with hard copy files
- Conduct research and analysis on communal issues and agency services as needed
- Oversee creative and production processes and timelines for concurrent projects
- Integrate Federation messaging and branding across online and offline materials
- Serve as a strategic thought-leader for Federation’s marketing initiatives
- Assist at Federation events as needed. Events may occur in the evening or on weekends.
- Assist fellow team members with projects as needed
Qualifications and Success Factors:
- The ability to develop compelling framing and collateral to support fundraising and impact
- Minimum of 4-6 years marketing, communications, or related professional experience; experience in non-profit, Jewish communal work helpful
- Demonstrable excellence in written and verbal communications skills with strong knowledge of AP writing style
- Demonstrable success in building and cultivating trusted relationships; ability to work effectively, respectfully and collaboratively on a team, within and across departments, and at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrable success in developing and implementing project plans and timelines
- Experience with, or willingness to learn, web applications including website management software and email management software
- Working knowledge of design and graphics, including production requirements for print and electronic applications preferred
- Ability to distill use market research (qualitative and quantitative), market segmentation, data collection and analysis, and metrics into resources for narrative impact reporting
- Maintained awareness of customer preferences, competitive environment, and industry trends to ensure the organization is optimally positioned in content, voice, and messaging
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required, experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- A well-developed sense of humor and the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to infuse Jewish culture, values, traditions, and history into your work
- Desire to contribute in a meaningful way to a growing, thriving non-profit
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced education and/or experience in marketing, communications, or related field preferred
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington is an equal opportunity employer, offering a people-friendly environment, including excellent health care and retirement benefits, generous time off, and flexible work options.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington envisions an open, connected, and vibrant Jewish community that cares for each other, fosters Jewish learning and journeys, embraces Jewish peoplehood and Israel, and acts as a force for good in the world. As a mission-driven non-profit organization, we work to inspire, build, and sustain vibrant Jewish life in a changing world by mobilizing our community in common purpose, intentional innovation, and effective action. Learn more at shalomdc.org.
To apply, submit your cover letter, resume and two writing samples to email@example.com, using subject line MKTG-DCRM-FY19.