Jewish Federation of Greater Washington – Development Officer, Women’s Philanthropy
The Development Officer of Women’s Philanthropy is an experienced relationship builder with a proven track record of soliciting annual campaign gifts. The professional will be responsible for managing a fundraising portfolio, with a primary focus on philanthropic women and their households and working closely with lay leaders to engage donors through smaller, specialized cohorts. This position entails working with significant donors and senior laypeople and committees, requiring a high level of skill, discretion and teamwork.
- Manage a fundraising portfolio with an emphasis in planning and implementing the effective identification, cultivation, face to face solicitation and stewardship of donors in WP giving $500-$4,999.
- In partnership with lay leadership, initiate, support and develop cohorts and cohort-building experiences/events to connect with new prospects, build relationships with existing donors, cultivate relationships amongst donors and build goodwill in the community toward fulfillment of the Federation mission; support lay leaders by developing strategies for committees, meetings and events, and developing appropriate written materials.
- Proactively connect with existing donors and prospects to extend the reach and awareness of Federation
- Recruit solicitors and ensures that they receive appropriate training and ongoing support; manage a team of Women’s Philanthropy Ambassadors
- Works to assure donor satisfaction with the highest level of customer service;
- 5+ years’ experience with some combination of donor-centered fundraising and solicitation.
- Experience in event, strategic, and operational planning.
- Firsthand knowledge of the Jewish community, its customs and practices
- Knowledge of fundraising systems and experience in prospect identification.
- Previous experience with working with volunteer committees
- Strong donor/customer-relations skills: proven ability in creating strategies to cultivate prospects and channel donor engagement leading to greater charitable support.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, oral, written.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively with colleagues at all levels.
- Demonstrated creativity, initiative and flexibility.
Organizational Vision, Mission, and Function
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington envisions an open, connected, and vibrant Jewish community that cares for each other, fosters Jewish learning and journeys, embraces Jewish peoplehood and Israel, and acts as a force for good in the world. As a mission-driven non-profit organization, we work to inspire, build, and sustain vibrant Jewish life in a changing world by mobilizing our community in common purpose, intentional innovation, and effective action. Learn more at shalomdc.org.
Interested? To apply for this exciting position, submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, using subject line WPDO – 2019