Jewish Federation of Greater Washington – Data Analyst
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington has recently completed a new strategic plan, which relies on financial growth to support our planned substantial investments for our community. We are hiring a Data Analyst to strategically and efficiently analyze and track gifts across all revenue streams (Annual Campaign, United Jewish Endowment Fund (UJEF), directed giving, sponsorships and one-time gifts.) Using our customized Blackbaud Enterprise CRM platform (BBEC) and other data tools to create reports, provide insight and analysis, the Data Operations Analyst will support a data-driven approach to fundraising and marketing efforts. The Data Operations Analyst will research and report on trends in giving and provide comparisons to past efforts. S/he is responsible for working within the Financial Resource Development team to provide statistics and analytical interpretations to management, internal teams, Board members and other outside stakeholders. This is an exciting opportunity to join the inaugural Campaign Strategy and Management Team and lead a data-driven and research approach to financial resource development.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses on CRM fundraising and marketing data.
- Analyze data for any trends or other observations, as needed/requested and communicate relevant findings to staff and management.
- Create timely and meaningful reports which may include ad-hoc analyses, forecasts, etc., to fulfill the planning and metrics needs of JFGW. This will include the creation of visual aids, including tables, charts, graphs and presentations.
- Develop custom reports, using BBEC and UJEF databases to extract data, appropriate for target audiences (management, staff, Board, marketing, etc.)
- Assist with the development of proactive prospecting to support organizational goals, including data mining, database queries, etc.
- Work with the Campaign Strategy team to proactively design relevant database fields to capture necessary information for reports and analysis.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant database management and analytics experience or master’s degree in a related field.
- Knowledge of Blackbaud or another enterprise-level CRM database platform with the ability to create a variety of reports for use in the planning and execution of organizational goals.
- Experience in data management and qualitative/quantitative research methods.
- Proficiency with MS Office with advanced level capability in Excel (ability to use formulas, create pivot tables, charts, etc.) and strong knowledge of other MS products (Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Comfort in learning new software programs, databases and online information systems as they become relevant and necessary (e.g., Watson, data warehouse, wealth screening tools, etc.)
- Strong time management, project management and organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to interpret and analyze statistical data.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt based on changing priorities and analysis results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to work collaboratively with consultants/contractors, staff, Board and volunteers.
- Commitment to the mission of The Jewish Federation.
Organizational Vision, Mission, and Function
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington envisions an open, connected, and vibrant Jewish community that cares for each other, fosters Jewish learning and journeys, embraces Jewish peoplehood and Israel, and acts as a force for good in the world. As a mission-driven non-profit organization, we work to inspire, build, and sustain vibrant Jewish life in a changing world by mobilizing our community in common purpose, intentional innovation, and effective action. Learn more at shalomdc.org.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, using subject line FRD DATA ANALYST FY20