Group Exercise Coordinator
- Work in collaboration with the Assistant Director, Health & Fitness to create, maintain and develop the Bender JCC group exercise program.
- Schedule and track progress of all new member participation in Personal Training and Group Exercise.
- Ensure that group exercise areas are in first class condition at all times including the proper amount of necessary equipment, cleanliness and maintenance of equipment, floors, walls, etc. Communicate with housekeeping and facilities personnel to inform them of any issues.
- Recruit, hire, train, evaluate, coach, and supervise all group exercise instructors, making recommendations as needed.
- Communicate regularly with instructors regarding the class schedule.
- Instruct classes in the event of instructor absences when possible.
- Monitor class enrollment and participation weekly through a documented system.
- Address member suggestions and concerns as they arise.
- Create and distribute bi-annual surveys in order to gain participant feedback.
- Implement and manage Quarterly Fitness Challenges.
- Coordinate and manage the fliers for all of our monthly programs.
- Update website, bulletin boards, and monthly newsletter.
- Assist with annual budgeting for the group exercise department.
- Approve payroll as assigned.
- Attend meetings as scheduled and required.
- Work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- In-person work required.
- Supportive. You want the best for those around you and are excited about their accomplishments. You work to create a supportive environment to help colleagues and members thrive.
- Reliable. You arrive on time and show consistency in your work.
- You believe that diversity is a strength. You account for the value of diversity in every aspect of your work and you understand the nuances of diversity that shape the experiences of members and guests.
- Open to feedback. You have a desire and willingness to learn and grow, using feedback as an opportunity for professional development.
- Collaborative. You enjoy learning from and with talented colleagues and are excited to be part of the success of the Bender JCC.
- Communicative. You engage in and understand the importance of effective communication.
- Organized. You are able to handle multiple tasks and show a high level of attention to detail in your work.
- Flexible. You’re comfortable with change in your work environment and schedule.
You should have:
- Physical agility, ability to stand for several hours at a time, and ability to lift 35 lbs.
- Ability to teach a variety of group exercise classes.
- Minimum of 2 years management experience in fitness industry.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Competence on a computer, including the ability to learn and use various database systems.
- Ability to make and execute departmental decisions as needed.
- Ability to maintain current First Aid and CPR/AED certification as required.
- Ability to maintain national Group Fitness Certification (ACE, AFAA, NASM, etc.) as required.
- BS in fitness or related field preferred.
- Ability to perform other duties and responsibilities as needed, required, or assigned.
- Required COVID-19 vaccination.
Our core values are
- Welcoming and inclusive (Hachnassat Orchim) – We open our doors to everyone and strive to create an inclusive and accommodating environment for people of different backgrounds, abilities and means.
- Respect (Kavod) – We seek to create a town square where our community can be exposed to diverse viewpoints and grapple with difficult issues in a respectful and civil manner.
- Jewish Peoplehood (Klal Yisrael) – We create connections to the people, history, culture, and land of Israel and with the Jewish people as a whole, welcoming all Jewish traditions and backgrounds.
- Community (Kehilla) – We facilitate relationship building and a sense of belonging to create communities across all stages of life.
- Working together (B’yachad) – We partner and collaborate with Jewish and secular organizations to build a stronger community.
- Wellness (Shmirat HaNefesh v’HaGuf) – We promote the well-being and fitness of every person.
- Spirit (Ruach) – We infuse spirit and fun into our activities and programs.
Benefits include 403(b) and FSA benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), staff discounts, and family membership to the Bender JCC.
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they feel that they meet 100% of the qualifications. If this role sounds interesting to you, we encourage you to apply! The Bender JCC is committed to building a diverse team that draws on the strengths of people with a variety of identities, backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Please apply through our website, and submit a resume and cover letter with your application.