Full Charge Bookkeeper
If you love numbers, money and helping people improve their lives, come join the Sunflower Bakery team! We need you to maintain our financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts and program and merchandise payments. This team member will work closely with our accounting team to create and analyze financial reports and ensure regulatory compliance, process accounts payable and receivable and manage invoices and payments. Our ideal candidate holds a Bachelors degree, is experienced with QuickBooks Online, is a self-starter, fast learner and detail oriented.
- Full responsibility for timely and accurately recording daily financial transactions including receivables, payables and payroll
- Maintain personnel files and benefits
- Assist the Controller with a variety of tasks to ensure timely and accurate monthly closings
- Assist in preparation for the annual financial audit
- Supervise part-time accounting staff
- Complete Division of Rehabilitation Services training program authorizations, invoices and other requirements
- BS degree preferred
- Demonstrated bookkeeping experience with accounting in nonprofits a plus
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Five years experience working in accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll and payroll reports
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Extensive experience with data entry and record-keeping
- Hands-on experience with donor software and grant recording
- Strong proficiency in English and in MS Office and QuickBooks Online
- Customer service orientation
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
This full time position reports to the Executive Director.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive pay, PTO, most Federal holidays off, Organization Subsidized Health Plan, Employee Discount
Please submit resume and cover letter to Daphna Raskas at email@example.com.