Field Manager, Northern Virginia
A recent landmark community study revealed that Northern Virginia is home to more than 120,000 Jews and is growing at a rapid rate. The Northern Virginia Jewish community includes more than two dozen congregations, including two that are more than 100 years old, as well as several Moishe Houses and other newer organizations. As the NOVA Field Manager, you will inspire, shape, and energetically and strategically connect those Jews with one another and with JFGW, enhancing JFGW’s presence and impact in Northern Virginia through partnership with community members, local and national agencies, donors, congregational Rabbi’s and key communal leadership. This is a unique leadership opportunity for a dynamic professional, who knows and loves the Jewish Community, to grow and help shape the future of Jewish communal life in one of the youngest and fastest growing Jewish communities in America.
Please note that JFGW is presently teleworking and will continue to do so during Covid-19 concerns. We look forward to a time when we can once again meet with our constituents out in the community. At that time, this position will be based from a home office, with an expectation to meet with community agency representatives, community members, and colleagues.
- Work directly with Federation’s Chief Impact Officer and the Director of Innovation to devise an effective, long-term strategy to both strengthen Northern Virginia’s existing community and institutions and grow the community through innovation and relational engagement.
- Develop relationships quickly, strategically, and effectively across Northern Virginia, focusing on professionals, key lay-leaders, emerging lay-leaders, and newcomers.
- Build expertise as it pertains to Northern Virginia’s Jewish communal goals, trends, opportunities, challenges, and risks.
- Represent Federation with the local agencies and community organizations.
- Identify and create relationships with current and potential lay leaders through one-on-one informal meetings, parlor meetings, and innovative relational practices.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with a wide variety of teams across JFGW to implement JFGW’s NOVA strategy.
- Positive, can-do, go getter attitude
- Minimum of 4-years of experience in either customer service, relationship management, fundraising/donor cultivation, community/political organizing, or engagement
- Strong, demonstrated interpersonal skills that enable relationship and partnership building with community organizations, lay leaders, and professionals at all levels
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently, perform well under pressure, juggle multiple tasks and exhibit sound judgment
- Data-Driven decision-maker who is comfortable with analytics and data management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; comfortable with and open to new technology
- Live and work in Northern Virginia (strongly preferred)
- Connection to/involvement in the Northern Virginia Jewish community (preferred)
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington offers a comprehensive benefits package, including generous paid time off, professional development stipends, and affordable healthcare options.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send a cover letter and resume to JOBS@SHALOMDC.org using subject line “Field Manager, Northern Virginia – FY21”