Federation: Development Assistant, Key Relationships Team
While Federation’s team is currently working remotely, candidates should be located in or willing to relocate to the Greater Washington (DC, MD, and Northern VA) region.
In 2019, The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington completed a new strategic plan, which relies on significant financial growth to support the needs of our growing Jewish community. The presence of the COVID19 crisis has only accelerated this need. This position works within the Financial Resource Development (FRD) department, supporting the Chief Development Officer and the Key Relationships Team (KRT). KRT was formed with the goal of deepening and strengthening individual relationships for Federation’s most significant and engaged donors and prospects. The team’s work is grounded in relational, donor-centric philanthropy. The Development Assistant fills a key role in the success of the KRT fundraising efforts, accountable for preparing our most senior fundraising professionals for a variety of situations: meetings, events, travel, and solicitations. This administrative position will also utilize the Federation database to maintain donor information, enter moves management plans, and run reports and lists. The Development Assistant must be a self-starter, able to navigate competing priorities, support multiple individuals, problem solve and interface effectively with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Works in partnership with, and in support of, the Key Relationships Team and Executive Leadership
- Performs an array of administrative tasks such as managing calendars, scheduling and coordinating meeting logistics, booking travel, filing expense reports, etc.
- Anticipates the needs of the team and works to resolve operational and administrative issues before they arise
- Works in a high speed, detail-oriented environment, managing a variety of simultaneous projects
Donor Relations and Research
- Communicates regularly, both written and verbally, with senior level donors, lay leadership and community partners
- Operates with the highest level of customer service, building efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations
- Provide support for proactive and reactive donor and prospect research that enhances fundraising and relationship-building activities
- Utilizes the Federation database to maintain donor information, enter moves management plans, run reports and lists, etc.
- Manages the prospect management system within the database to assure Managed Constituents, plans, and steps are accurate, current, and properly coded
Events and Meetings
- Prepares event and meeting briefings for organizational leadership
- Support event registration, logistics, and coordination
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience supporting a fast-paced, high stakes, professional environment
- Strong references demonstrating prior experience and competency
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management; specifically the ability to pay continual attention to detail and accuracy in composing, typing and proofing materials. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, command of the English language with attention to proper grammar and spelling.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines, and exhibit sound judgment. High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite (desktop and online), specifically Excel. Experience in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms (Blackbaud a plus) and database work. Comfortable with and open to new technology
- Sense of humor, positive, can-do, go getter attitude
- Commitment to the mission of The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington
The salary range for this position is $47,000 – 50,000/year DOE.
A People-Friendly Workplace
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington is an equal opportunity employer offering people friendly environment, including:
- excellent health care and retirement benefits
- generous time off
- flexible work options
- opportunities and an annual stipend for continued professional development
- access to the JPRO Network, which connects, educates, inspires, and empowers professionals working in the Jewish nonprofit sector
If this is the right fit for you, let’s connect! Apply for this exciting opportunity.