The ideal candidate also has a strong understanding of child development, a willingness to wonder,’ excitement for learning, and is patient, calm, and flexible. As a community, we strive to create a safe atmosphere that promotes appropriate levels of risk-taking, relationship building, and meaningful experiences to encourage social-emotional skills. Gan Shalom partners with parents to provide hands-on learning catering to whole-child development, with an emphasis on a constructivist approach inspired by the Reggio Emilia philosophy.
We hope to hire the right person who will grow with our program in the coming months. This position would start at 8-12 hours a week, between the hours of 8 am-12:30 pm with room to grow through Summer programming and the 2021-22 school year. Salary of $15-18/hour depending on experience.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
● Minimum requirement: CDA with 2+ years of experience in early childhood setting, ideally on
track or currently holds Bachelors or higher degree in a related field
● Love working with children
● Excellent interpersonal communications skills
● Familiarity with Jewish holidays, values, and rituals
● Be responsible for children’s safety at all times and in all settings
● Plan and implement engaging, intentional, inquiry-based, emergent curriculum
● Provide high-quality interactions focusing on each child’s personal needs
● Comfort in teaching outside in most weather
● Maintain an organized classroom environment displaying engaging and accessible
● Regular communication with families through a messaging platform and/or email, including
personalized student updates, class information, and ongoing curriculum observations and
● Participate in weekly planning meetings and attend monthly staff meetings, as well as occasional professional development training
The school does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, national origin, citizenship status or age. The final appointment is conditional upon the completion of a background check satisfactory to the school. Applicants from all religious backgrounds welcomed but must be willing to learn and teach Jewish values, rituals, and traditions.
Please email your resume to Laura Vitiello at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter reflecting on your areas of strengths and philosophy on working with children. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.