Early Childhood Educator
Ideal start date: June 14, 2021
Hours: 8am-1pm, approximately 25 hrs/week.
Salary: negotiable dependent on experience, starting $30k
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Minimum requirement: Associates with 2+ years of experience in early childhood setting
- Loves working with children
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills
- Familiarity with Jewish holidays, values, and rituals
- Be responsible for children’s safety at all times and in all settings
- Plan and implement engaging, intentional, inquiry-based, emergent curriculum
- Provide high quality interactions focusing on each child’s personal needs
- Comfort in teaching outside in most weather
- Maintain an organized classroom environment displaying engaging and accessible documentation
- Regular communication with families through messaging platform and/or email, including personalized student updates, class information and ongoing curriculum observations and progress
- Participate in weekly planning meetings and attend monthly staff meetings, as well as occasional professional development training
The school does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, national origin, citizenship status or age. Final appointment is conditional upon the completion of a background check satisfactory to the school. Applicants from all religious backgrounds welcomed but must be willing to learn and teach Jewish values, rituals, and traditions.
Please email your resume to Laura Vitiello at [email protected] with a cover letter reflecting on your areas of strengths and philosophy on working with children. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.