Director of Women’s Philanthropy
Day-to-day, the Director supervises one development officer and works in partnership with the volunteer leadership of Women’s Philanthropy to set strategy in pursuit of Federation’s mission. The Director thrives on deepening connections, stewarding leadership, and creating and implementing engagement opportunities for women of all ages into the work of The Jewish Federation.
Federation’s professional team is mission-driven and committed to helping every member of Greater Washington’s Jewish community connect with purpose, at a time when maintaining those connections is more important than ever before.
The Director of Women’s Philanthropy is a key member of our Financial Resource Development team, and will:
- Directly manage the Women’s Philanthropy team including one Development Officer, implementing and evaluating metrics on an ongoing basis to ensure that individual and team goals are being met
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Women’s Philanthropy (volunteer) and works in partnership with the Women’s Philanthropy lay leadership team to identity, initiate, and develop solicitation efforts, enhance current initiatives, and implement fundraising activities
- Strategically oversee the Women’s Philanthropy campaign activity and determine opportunities for enhancement
- Personally cultivate, solicit and steward a significant portfolio of donors and prospects, securing gifts through face-to-face solicitations as part of a $20M+ annual campaign
- Serve as Relationship Manager: cultivating and stewarding relationships with donors and prospects by conducting 12 or more pre-planned face-to-face meetings per month with donors and prospects in their portfolio
- Integrate and initiates endowment conversations to create planned giving opportunities
- Partner with colleagues in Donor Engagement, United Jewish Endowment Fund, Strategic Planning and Allocations (SP&A) and across the organization to enhance the philanthropic engagement and leadership development of all donors, prospects and lay leaders
- Develop and implements programming and immersive travel experiences that further Federation’s philanthropic goals
- Work in partnership with Senior Director of Campaign Strategy and Management to manage Women’s Philanthropy Ambassadors (lay solicitors)
- Utilize considerable initiative, independence, originality, and responsibility for developing new methods and techniques for fundraising
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.
The salary range for this position is $80,000-$90,000.
Background, Qualifications and Success Factors
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in annual fundraising, donor engagement, customer service, sales, or relationship or account management
- Strong interpersonal skills that enable relationship and partnership building with key lay leaders, donors, and professionals at all levels
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Data-driven decision-maker who is comfortable with analytics and data management
- Strong donor-relations skills: proven ability in cultivating prospects and creating donor engagement strategies that lead to greater philanthropic support
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- MBA or Master’s level degree in a related field preferred
- Strong supervisory skills
- Experience in management of membership or volunteer operations and working volunteer committees
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; comfortable with and open to new technology
- First-hand knowledge of the Jewish community, its customs and practices
A People-Friendly Workplace
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington is an equal opportunity employer offering a people-friendly environment, including:
- excellent health care and retirement benefits
- generous time off
- flexible work options
- opportunities and an annual stipend for continued professional development
- access to the JPRO Network, which connects, educates, inspires, and empowers professionals working in the Jewish nonprofit sector
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using subject line, “WP Director FY21”.