Digital Marketing Associate
While Federation’s team is currently working remotely, candidates should be located in or willing to relocate to the Greater Washington (DC, MD, and Northern VA) region. Flexible work options available.
Digital Marketing Associate Role Overview
Eager to channel your talent for digital copywriting and passion for the Jewish community into a fulfilling full-time job? If you’re a creative, motivated professional ready to be an essential member of The Jewish Federation’s dynamic Marketing & Communications team, keep reading!
The Jewish Federation professional team is mission-driven and committed to helping every member of Greater Washington’s Jewish community connect with purpose, at a time when maintaining those connections is more important than ever before.
The digital marketing associate is a key driver of this work; responsible for collaborating with colleagues across the organization to enhance Federation’s online presence. You will:
- leverage your keen understanding of Federation’s brand to develop engaging online content for a variety of platforms and audiences
- serve as the voice of and manage Federation’s presence on multiple social media channels
- keep Federation websites Jconnect.org and shalomdc.org updated, interesting, and relevant
- work cross-collaboratively to produce polished, effective email and digital marketing campaigns for fundraising efforts and community engagement programs
Across all projects, your successful efforts will grab—and hold—the attention of key stakeholders, including donors, lay leaders, and Jewish communal professionals.
Leading candidates will have a proven ability to create engaging content across multiple platforms, with a background in online content development, copywriting, and/or digital marketing.
The salary range for this position is $45,000-$50,000.
Your Background, Qualifications, and Success Factors
- 1-3 years’ work experience in marketing, communications, social media management, or similar field
- Demonstrable excellence in written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Proactive, efficient, and able to multi-task
- Portfolio of engaging, original content developed for digital and social media, including videos, emails, Instagram Stories, and more
- Ability to translate data into compelling messaging
- Experience/familiarity with email marketing software such as Emma or MailChimp
- Comfortable with or willing to learn data segmentation to target email and/or social media campaigns to specific audiences
- Working knowledge of HTML a plus
- A well-developed sense of humor and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Familiarity with and ability to infuse Jewish culture, values, traditions, and history into your work
- Desire to contribute in a meaningful way to a growing, thriving non-profit
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in a marketing, communications, or related field
Your Role and Responsibilities as Digital Marketing Associate:
- Partner with Federation’s digital marketing consultant and internal team members to concept and implement multi-channel content and marketing materials, including copywriting and email design, website content/blog posts, and social media posts and ads
- Maintain and regularly update Federation’s websites: shalomdc.org and Jconnect.org
- Work with graphic design team to develop eye-catching static, GIF, and video content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, shalomdc.org, Jconnect.org, email, and other digital/social media platforms
- Support the development and production of weekly email newsletters
- Create and distribute digital marketing toolkits for internal and external partners as needed
- Working in tandem with assess the results of digital marketing and advertising campaigns, pivoting as needed to ensure successful outcomes
- Collaborate as part of cross-functional teams on fundraising and marketing campaigns, including efforts focused on the Annual Campaign, Giving Week, and Jewish holidays
A People-Friendly Workplace
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington is an equal opportunity employer offering a people-friendly environment, including:
- excellent health care and retirement benefits
- generous time off
- flexible work options
- opportunities and an annual stipend for continued professional development
- access to the JPRO Network, which connects, educates, inspires, and empowers professionals working in the Jewish nonprofit sector
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington envisions an open, connected, and vibrant Jewish community that cares for each other, fosters Jewish learning and journeys, embraces Jewish peoplehood and Israel, and acts as a force for good in the world. As a mission-driven non-profit organization, we work to inspire, build, and sustain vibrant Jewish life in a changing world by mobilizing our community in common purpose, intentional innovation, and effective action. Learn more at shalomdc.org.
If this is the right fit for you, let’s connect!
To apply, submit your cover letter, resume, and two writing samples (highlight your social media portfolio, your best email campaign, or any other sample that showcases your creative voice and style) to email@example.com, using subject line DMA FY21