The Development Coordinator is part of the Bender JCC development team, and working in conjunction with the accounting department, is responsible processing donations as well as managing all aspects of the organization’s donor acknowledgment and reporting processes.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- The ideal candidate will have experience working in the Salesforce CRM and will have specific experience with Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP). Experience with Classy fundraising platform is a plus.
- Process incoming donations as opportunities and ensure that all pledges and gifts received by the Center are recorded and acknowledged in a timely and accurate manner; allocate payments and create General Accounting Unit allocations and payments.
- Work with accounting to ensure that pledges and payments are allocated and accurate data is uploaded from NPSP into relevant accounting software.
- Acknowledge donations a timely and accurate manner
- Assist in managing reimbursable grants in accordance with the Center’s custom set-up in Salesforce.
- Help maintain database integrity by reviewing and updating contact information and identifying and merging duplicate accounts and contacts.
- Create and manage Development Campaigns and Events in Classy fundraising platform
- Be able to create and customize reports and fundraising dashboards
- Manage all aspects of gift acknowledgement process; including preparing correspondence for signature by appropriate staff member(s).
- Prepare invoices and payment reminders for outstanding balances.
- Respond to donor inquiries, should they have questions about their account
- Support the work of the Development Department by providing event support and coordination as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to work under the highest level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to work independently and manage projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills.
- Ability to take initiative with projects and pride in work.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve or exceed goals and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Strong sense of ethics and propriety and ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Ability to develop, nurture and build internal and external relationships.
- A disposition to assist others in the organization and flexible attitude in helping to get the work done collaboratively.
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Comfort with technology, including ability to learn fundraising CRM and event registration platforms
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working in a non-profit
- Experience with data entry
- Experience with donor databases
- Knowledge of, and respect for, the mission of the Bender JCC of Greater Washington
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Bender JCC of Greater Washington, including its Personnel Handbook, and to abide by them
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, verbally and in writing
- Ability and willingness to perform other duties and responsibilities as needed, required, or assigned
Apply at the Bender JCC website