Coordinator, United Jewish Endowment Fund (UJEF)
The Coordinator will help the UJEF develop systems useful for smooth operations. A successful candidate will have the technical skills to quickly learn the complex software that manages a wide range of endowment funds and the communication skills that provide ongoing stewardship to donors. The Coordinator must be a self-starter, able to navigate competing priorities, support multiple projects, and interface effectively with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage the fund development pipeline including; tracking prospective fund holder conversations, deploying human and marketing resources to actively pursue new business opportunities within the fund, and prospective and current fund holder research
- Prepare gift documents (e.g. contracts, annuity agreements, etc.) as needed to create new endowment funds and amend existing funds
- Assist Investment Committee’s process, monitor, and organize UJEF investment documentation and reporting requirements, draft minutes for Investment Committee meetings, support the Investment Advisor RFP process
- Serve as an expert user for Endowment Fund software, deploying expertise to troubleshoot donor issues and serve as a resource for internal and external audiences; serve on project team for new software migration in 2021
- Act as the project manager for donor recognition and stewardship efforts within the Fund including the Book of Life, Making a Statement and creating new initiatives to thank and build fund holder trust • Prepare reports and dashboards, as needed
- Provide excellent customer service by responding independently and timely to internal and external inquiries and preparing gift acknowledgments
- Serve as backup for philanthropic fund services and donor services specialists in the administration of fund distributions, key donor insurance program, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Salary Range: $50-55K
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) with a minimum two years of nonprofit or related experience or relevant advanced degree
- Excellent verbal, written and digital communication skills that are effective with a diverse range of audiences such as trustees, lay leaders, volunteers, our internal team members, donors, vendors and potential funding partners
- Strong research and report-generating skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook • Ability to convey a high degree of commitment and passion for Federation and the Endowment Fund’s mission
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Exceptional understanding of philanthropy as it relates to the not-for-profit organization and knowledge of fundamental disciplines of resource development
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team; detail oriented, well organized, focused and goal oriented, with a high level of initiative and energy, as well as problem solving skills
- Prior experience in a database management as well as knowledge of CRM database preferred
- Knowledge of the local Jewish community and agencies, a plus
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington envisions an open, connected, and vibrant Jewish community that cares for each other, fosters Jewish learning and journeys, embraces Jewish peoplehood and Israel, and acts as a force for good in the world. As a mission-driven non-profit organization, we work to inspire, build, and sustain vibrant Jewish life in a changing world by mobilizing our community in common purpose, intentional innovation, and effective action. Learn more at shalomdc.org.
A People-Friendly Workplace
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington is an equal opportunity employer offering a people-friendly environment, including:
- excellent health care and retirement benefits
- generous time off
- flexible work options
- opportunities and an annual stipend for continued professional development access to the JPRO Network, which connects, educates, inspires, and empowers professionals working in the Jewish nonprofit sector
If this is the right fit for you, let’s connect!
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, using subject line