Coordinator, Member and Guest Services
About the Bender JCC:
The Bender Jewish Community Center in Rockville, Maryland is a premier community center at the heart of Jewish life in Montgomery County, operating a full-scale health and fitness center, pre-school, day camp and variety of education and arts programs.
We create a welcoming and inclusive environment, connecting the people of our Jewish community with each other, Israel, and the broader community. We inspire individuals of all ages and backgrounds to enhance their social, physical, intellectual and spiritual well-being through programs of excellence rooted in Jewish values.
Our core values are
- Welcoming and inclusive (Hachnassat Orchim) – We open our doors to everyone and strive to create an inclusive and accommodating environment for people of different backgrounds, abilities and means.
- Respect (Kavod) – We seek to create a town square where our community can be exposed to diverse viewpoints and grapple with difficult issues in a respectful and civil manner.
- Jewish Peoplehood (Klal Yisrael) – We create connections to the people, history, culture, and land of Israel and with the Jewish people as a whole, welcoming all Jewish traditions and backgrounds.
- Community (Kehilla) – We facilitate relationship building and a sense of belonging to create communities across all stages of life.
- Working together (B’yachad) – We partner and collaborate with Jewish and secular organizations to build a stronger community.
- Wellness (Shmirat HaNefesh v’HaGuf) – We promote the well-being and fitness of every person.
- Spirit (Ruach) – We infuse spirit and fun into our activities and programs.
Why this role matters:
Our member and guest services team is essential the Bender JCC, providing a warm, welcoming environment for anyone who steps through our doors. This is an exciting opportunity to work directly with our community and have a significant impact on the experience of members and guests.
- Effectively communicate with members and guests in person, over the phone, and by email
- Process transactions for members and guests
- Enter, verify and maintain data utilizing a name brand CRM application
- Perform clerical tasks (answering telephone, scanning/uploading documents)
- Assist with program registrations
- Work on specialized tasks within the member and guest services team
- Complete other tasks as directed by the Member & Guest Services Director
- Provide membership details in absence of Member Sales Associate
- A self-starter. You are not afraid of ambiguity. You understand that it is your job to create the clarity you seek and you relish making order out of chaos.
- Passionate about the work. You are motivated by the mission of the Bender JCC and you have a deep connection and desire for this work to exist in the world.
- You believe that diversity is a strength. You account for the value of diversity in every aspect of your work and you understand the nuances of diversity that shape the experiences of members and guests.
- Supportive. You want the best for those around you and are excited about their accomplishments. You work to create a supportive environment to help colleagues and members thrive.
- Innovative and grounded. You love trying new things and devising creative solutions to persistent problems. Most importantly, you know how to make it happen.
- Collaborative. You enjoy learning from and with talented colleagues and are excited to be part of the success of the Bender JCC.
- Open to feedback. You have a desire and willingness to learn and grow, using feedback as an opportunity for professional development.
- Communicative. You engage in and understand the importance of effective communication.
- Flexible. You’re comfortable with change in your work environment and schedule.
You should have:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience
- At least two years relevant customer / hospitality / guest service experience with superior communications and people skills
- Strong computer skills within a business environment, with the ability to learn new programs
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 and data entry using CRM software
- Software analytic and basic math skills
- Ability to support Member and Guest Services Associates
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Access to a smart device for work-schedule and updates
- Reliable transportation
- Availability on weekends and evenings
- Required COVID-19 vaccination
- Part-time weekdays – 2:00 PM – 8:15 PM
- Part-time weekends – 2:00 PM – 8:15 PM
- Full time – 11:30 AM – 8:00PM (30 minute break)
The Bender JCC provides a benefits package that includes 403b, medical, dental, and vision benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and a flexible working environment. You’ll also receive a full family membership to the Bender JCC, including complete access to the entire fitness facility and pools, plus staff discounts on programs and services.
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they feel that they meet 100% of the qualifications. If this role sounds interesting to you, we encourage you to apply! The Bender JCC is committed to building a diverse team that draws on the strengths of people with a variety of identities, backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application.
Please apply through our website.