Bender JCC – Personal Trainers
The Bender JCC in Rockville, Maryland is a premier community center at the heart of Jewish life in Montgomery County, operating a full-scale health and fitness center, pre-school, day camp and variety of education and arts programs.
We have openings for part-time Personal Trainers with flexible weekend hours to provide individualized training for members and clients. The positions are also responsible for providing member fitness orientations.
You will help clients identify fitness goals and create a personal training program specifically tailored for the client. You will demonstrate exercise plans and techniques, monitor the client’s progress, and maintain client records. Responsibilities also include enforcement of fitness center policies cleaning equipment and replacing fitness tools.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Create a workout for clients for continued results
- Have each client initial each training session completed
- Wear designated uniform at all times while training clients
- Keep all certifications current
- Be on time for all training sessions
- Be personally responsible for increasing client base
- Return all equipment used during training session to its original place
- Be aware of and promote fitness programs to members and clients.
- Accurately submit timesheets by date and time due
- Be aware of and enforce fitness center policies
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Ability to lift 35lbs
- Maintain a flexible schedule to work varied hours and weekends
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Possess strong customer service skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients while keeping central the best interest of the Bender JCC
- Ability to manage varied weekly schedule
Education and Experience:
- Maintain current CPR/AED
- Maintain current national fitness certification
- Minimum high school diploma
- Knowledge of, and respect for, the mission of the Jewish Community Center of Greater Washington
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Jewish Community Center of Greater Washington, including its Personnel Handbook, and to abide by them
- Work in a team environment.
- Communicate effectively with others, verbally and in writing
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed, required, or assigned
Please apply online at https://www.benderjccgw.org/about-us/jobs/