The Development Associate is responsible for the Bender JCC’s annual giving for donors who give under $1,000, and as well as assisting with fundraising and engagement events within the Development Department.
Essential Functions of the Position:
• Create, implement and coordinate direct mail, social media and e-philanthropy campaigns in coordination with marketing department.
• Create mini letter/email campaigns for program area fundraising efforts.
• Solicit donors by phone or by sending personalized emails.
• Identify strategies and tactics to reach new donors.
• Assist with fundraising events, including but not limited to coordinating deliverables such as invitations, tribute book and email blasts.
• Assist with engagement events, including She Says and Bagels & Business, by preparing nametags, ordering food, purchasing supplies and coordinating email blasts.
• Generate fundraising and event reports as needed from Salesforce, including tracking the success rate of campaigns.
• Respond to donor inquiries, should they have questions about their account
• Contributing content to Community Matters (donor e-newsletter) and annual report.
• Serve as a back-up for gift entry in salesforce
• Attend fundraising events, Bagels & Business and She Says events.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
• Creative thinking
• Results oriented, ability to meet multiple deadlines
• Ability to work under the highest level of confidentiality and discretion.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint
• Comfort with technology, including ability to learn fundraising CRM and event registration platforms
• Strong sense of ethics and propriety
• A disposition to assist others in the organization and flexible attitude in helping to get the work done collaboratively.
• Ability to work independently and in a dynamic team environment.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience working in a non-profit either as an employee or intern
• Knowledge of, and respect for, the mission of the Bender JCC.
• Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Bender JCC, including its Personnel Handbook, and to abide by them.
• Ability to attend Bender JCC fundraising events.
• Ability to periodically travel, as needed, to the US Post Office or other area stores/businesses.
• Ability to periodically carry and transport mailing(s) or other items related to fundraising activities.
• Expected to attend Bender JCC community wide events including, but not limited to Israel Fest, open houses, and other events as needed
Bender JCC Competencies:
• Customer Orientation – Attention to meeting internal and external customer service needs and expectations by building mutually respectful relationships with colleagues, members, volunteers and vendors; responding in a timely manner; quickly and effectively resolving issues; willingness to work collaboratively to ensure satisfaction; and anticipate future needs.
• Communication – Communicates clearly and succinctly, verbally and in writing, with diplomacy, tact and credibility; ensures that important information is shared with others as appropriate; ability to use multiple channels to communicate messages; ensures that problems or issues are identified and shared as appropriate; understands how to tailor and deliver audience appropriate message.
• Technology – Possesses the functional and technical knowledge and skills to perform the job (including proficiency in Microsoft Office products, and ability to learn additional software necessary).
• Interpersonal Awareness – Understands the interests and concerns of others; accurately interprets, anticipates and responds to other’s feelings; listens attentively and responds constructively; understands non-verbal communication/behavior; fosters open communication; works cooperatively within a team.
• Self-Management – Confident in own abilities and positions; displays personal presence in a professional manner; functions well and maintains self-control under pressure; and has knowledge and awareness of own personality and behaviors. Consistently demonstrates credibility through responsibility, reliability, and trustworthiness in actions and interactions with others.
• Jewish and Israel Knowledge – Understands Jewish customs and Jewish values; exhibits sensitivity to differences and potential ethical dilemmas in the working place, and is aware of the role and importance of the relationship with Israel and the North American Jewish Community.