Bender JCC – Arts and Adults Program Coordinator
The Coordinator’s duties will include administrative oversight and coordination of adult classes and clubs, managing volunteers and providing logistical and administrative support for Arts and Ideas programs and gallery exhibitions.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Overseeing and maintaining standards for processing teacher payments, entering class registrations, running rosters, and making room reservations.
- Assisting with the needs of Men’s and Women’s Clubs as well as ESOL, Citizenship, games, art, and general Adult Department classes
- Communicating with teachers and hiring new teachers as needed.
- Generating reports for Arts and Adult departments
- Managing invoices and billing for Arts and Adult departments
- Purchasing supplies as needed for Arts and Adult events
- Writing grant reports and working with grant writer to obtain funding
- Managing challah and hamentashen sales and coordinating volunteers
- Managing volunteers, coordinating food, and providing program support for Arts and Adult department events.
- Creating/hanging labels for exhibits, writing post exhibit reports and coordinating artwork drop off/pick up for gallery exhibits.
- Coordinating travel and accommodations for speakers, ordering books from publishers, and returning unsold books after author events.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed including Arts + Ideas events and select adult programs.
- Expected to attend Bender JCC community-wide events including, but not limited to Good Deeds Day, Israel Fest and other events as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills.
- Ability to take initiative with projects and multi-task.
- Demonstrates pride in work
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve or exceed goals and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Strong sense of ethics and propriety.
- Ability to develop, nurture and build internal and external relationships.
- A disposition to assist others in the organization and flexible attitude in helping to get the work done collaboratively.
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic team environment.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, verbally and in writing.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of Associate’s degree
- Experience with data entry
- Experience with computers and database systems
- Knowledge of, and respect for, the mission of the Bender JCC of Greater Washington.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Bender JCC of Greater Washington, including its Personnel Handbook, and to abide by them.
- Ability and willingness to perform other duties and responsibilities as needed, required or assigned
Please apply online at www.benderjccgw.org/jobs