Assistant Director of Engagement
- At least 5 years of relevant experience. This role can be more senior and those with more experience are encouraged to apply
- A professional track record for implementing high level programming that engages supporters to take action
- Experience in resource and training curation/creation
- A strategic understanding of and experience with the engagement ladder
- A strong commitment to J Street’s mission and a basic comfort explaining the politics and policies that shape the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and US foreign policy in the Middle East
- An appreciation for the power of knowledge to draw people together with a passion for puzzling out different methods of information delivery to maximize impact
- A commitment to the work of communal political advocacy and an appreciation for serving as a thought partner for a variety of perspectives that come with engaging stakeholder groups
- A great teammate who is committed to contributing to, building on and amplifying the successes of those around them
- A self starter who can work independently
- A natural facility for building relationships with a range of stakeholders
- An ability to multitask and reconcile competing priorities on the fly
This position functions as part of the regional team in J Street. Great candidates could be educators, campaigners, organizers or advocates, or, better yet, some combination thereof.
We are excited to receive applications from a broad range of applicants as we grow our organization to better reflect the diversity of the communities that care about our mission. Please submit the items listed below HERE:
- Cover Letter that explains why you are interested and qualified
- List of Three References
This position is available immediately. Applications are being accepted now and the position will be filled as quickly as possible.
At J Street we value an inclusive, welcoming, and diverse workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to understanding and valuing each other’s perspectives at all levels of the organization thereby creating a culture that allows us to better serve our employees, and the communities we work with. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment and fellowship, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.