● Sundays classes are 9:00 am – 12:00 noon. Staff is expected to arrive 15 minutes prior to class and to remain at school until all materials are put away.
● Attendance at staff meetings and professional development workshops as scheduled
● Classes begin September 8th and continue through the end of May.
Salary: Teachers are paid hourly; the rate is dependent on experience and training. At Agudas Achim, teacher pay is very competitive with other synagogues in Northern Virginia.
Job Description: The successful candidate for this position will:
● be prepared for each class, arrive promptly, and maintain classroom harmony;
● submit monthly lessons plans that support the school’s curriculum;
● be in touch with the Education and Youth Director as needed to discuss lesson plans, class needs, and student challenges;
● provide weekly communication with parents;
● submit student progress reports twice a year;
● attend all special programs that include Kindergarten/Gan students and their families;
● foster a learning community where students show respect for the learning, the teacher, for one another, and for our community.
Qualifications: The Kindergarten/Gan teacher will
• be at least 21 years old and eligible to work in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
• have an affinity for this age group;
• be welcoming and accepting of all students and their families;
• have knowledge of simple Hebrew, basic blessings, Jewish holidays and traditions, Torah stories, and Jewish values;
• be able to develop lessons that include a variety of educational strategies to reach a wide range of learning needs;
• be able to provide an experiential “hands-on learning” environment which includes a range of methods such as creative drama, art, music, storytelling, movement, and games;
• know how to create a safe, orderly environment filled with learning and joy.
Supervision: The Kindergarten/Gan teacher works under the direction and supervision of the Education and Youth Director and is a part of our integrated teaching team. Successful candidates must be able to pass the VA Department of Social Services Background Check within 45 days of being hired.
To apply or for more information, applicants may send an email to Chaya Silver, Education and Youth Director at email@example.com or may call the Agudas Achim office 703-998-6460.