Sunflower Bakery seeks a detailed and proactive operations manager to support many aspects of the organization’s work including customer service/sales, bookkeeping, purchasing, facility management, delivery driver schedules, communications and development. This is typically a 35 hour/week position which is hourly and non-exempt, reporting to the Executive Director.
Areas of Responsibility:
Front desk/reception area:
- Greet customers, vendors and potential donors in a friendly and professional manner.
- Responsible for ordering office supplies, as well as general supplies for the function of the Bakery
- Assist customers and other callers via phone and email inquiries
- Assist customers in Bakeshop area as needed
- Process all mail
- Present and maintain professional comportment in-person and via phone and email.
- Print orders, highlight, and organize into day folders for kitchen
- Coordinate daily deliveries between the kitchen and drivers and coordinate and serve as point person for drivers
- Coordinate labeling of products and special pickup locations, including monthly “Sweets of the Month” deliveries
Manage incoming holiday orders and organize in collaboration with Bakery, volunteers and drivers. Manage holiday packing systems. (Three times per year)
- Write invoices for custom orders and organizations
- Coordinate with the Chef to fulfill custom orders
- Utilize the Salesforce system to manage bakery orders
- Scan and record all incoming checks received.
- Prepare, review and record customer invoices into accounting software (Quickbooks)
- Assist in the allocation and receipt tracking of employee’s credit card expenses. Enter transactions into Quickbooks (QB)
- Maintain weekly excel spreadsheet allocating all transactions generated from Woo Commerce and monthly reconciliation to deposits
- Assist with the tracking of holiday discounts – with yearly distribution
- Enter daily retail Square transactions into QB
Collaborate with colleagues on projects as needed
Assist the Executive Director as needed.
– BA/BS (Bachelors) degree
– 5+ years in positions of administration and/or operations for a non-profit or for-profit enterprise.
– 3+ years of experience in a customer-service environment engaging with customers by phone, email and in-person
- Demonstrated experience successfully handling multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience with cloud-based databases and/or systems
- Knowledge and proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office software
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures and QuickBooks a plus.
- Demonstrated experience providing excellent customer service
- Demonstrated experience successfully working in an environment requiring multi-tasking
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Acute attention to detail
- Close attention to spoken and written communication
- Ability to positively and effectively communicate with people of diverse abilities and from various backgrounds
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Must be organized and work well under pressure
Compensation & Benefits
$17-20/hour commensurate with experience.
Sunflower offers PTO, Jewish and most Federal holidays off, staff discount and health insurance.
Please send a cover letter, resume and two writing samples to email@example.com.