Hanukkah is a time for meditating on the light and the darkness and a time to rededicate yourself.
Join us for Illuminate Hanukkah, a self-paced journey through 8 themes inspired by the holiday and the season.
You’ll experience an 8 night “art beit midrash” or creative study and personal exploration. Your Illuminate Hanukkah course materials include 8 nightly teachings via video and audio recording, as well as guiding prompts for reflection through writing or art making. You can listen to the audio as you would a podcast or watch the video, or simply use the written prompts. Participants will also have access to a private discussion group to share their reflections and experience during Hanukkah. All video and audio recordings will be available to access until December 17th.
• Night 1 – Setting a Kavannah (Intention) for Illuminate Hanukkah
• Night 2 – The end of Kislev & Kindling Dreams
• Night 3 – Hanukkah as Dedication of Personal Values
• Night 4 – Honoring Darkness and Light
• Night 5 – Celebrating with Family and Guests
• Night 6 – Revisiting Rosh HaShanah intentions
• Night 7 – Festival of the Daughters
• Night 8 – Rosh Chodesh Tevet / Blessings for the New Month and the New (secular) Year
No prior experience is necessary to participate in this experience and no artistic skills are required. Illuminate Hanukkah is open to participants of all backgrounds and all genders interested in Jewish spirituality and learning. Those from interfaith families or interfaith partnerships are especially welcome.
We’re offering this program at a sliding scale. Please choose the ticket option that is right for you.
Timeline for Illuminate Hanukkah:
• Saturday Night November 27th: Private Discussion Group goes live and course materials become available at 7pm EST
• Sunday November 28th: Illuminate Hanukkah Experience begins with the first night of Hanukkah
• Sunday Night December 5th: Rabbi Sarah leads a live Zoom experience for the last night of Hanukkah at 8pm EST
• Monday December 6th: Facebook Group closes
• Friday December 17th: Access to all video and audio recordings closes at 5pm EST
Cost: Starting at $74
Register: Visit Website
Rabbi Sarah Tasman