The Development Associate is responsible for the Bender JCC’s annual giving for donors who give under $1,000, and as well as assisting with fundraising and engagement events within the Development Department.
Essential Functions of the Position:
• Create, implement and coordinate direct mail, social media and e-philanthropy campaigns in coordination with marketing department.
• Create mini letter/email campaigns for program area fundraising efforts.
• Solicit donors by phone or by sending personalized emails.
• Identify strategies and tactics to reach new donors.
• Assist with fundraising events, including but not limited to coordinating deliverables such as invitations, tribute book and email blasts.
• Assist with engagement events, including She Says and Bagels & Business, by preparing nametags, ordering food, purchasing supplies and coordinating email blasts.
• Generate fundraising and event reports as needed from Salesforce, including tracking the success rate of campaigns.
• Respond to donor inquiries, should they have questions about their account
• Contributing content to Community Matters (donor e-newsletter) and annual report.
• Serve as a back-up for gift entry in salesforce
• Attend fundraising events, Bagels & Business and She Says events.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
• Creative thinking
• Results oriented, ability to meet multiple deadlines
• Ability to work under the highest level of confidentiality and discretion.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint
• Comfort with technology, including ability to learn fundraising CRM and event registration platforms
• Strong sense of ethics and propriety
• A disposition to assist others in the organization and flexible attitude in helping to get the work done collaboratively.
• Ability to work independently and in a dynamic team environment.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience working in a non-profit either as an employee or intern
• Knowledge of, and respect for, the mission of the Bender JCC.
• Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Bender JCC, including its Personnel Handbook, and to abide by them.
• Ability to attend Bender JCC fundraising events.
• Ability to periodically travel, as needed, to the US Post Office or other area stores/businesses.
• Ability to periodically carry and transport mailing(s) or other items related to fundraising activities.
• Expected to attend Bender JCC community wide events including, but not limited to Israel Fest, open houses, and other events as needed
Bender JCC Competencies:
• Customer Orientation – Attention to meeting internal and external customer service needs and expectations by building mutually respectful relationships with colleagues, members, volunteers and vendors; responding in a timely manner; quickly and effectively resolving issues; willingness to work collaboratively to ensure satisfaction; and anticipate future needs.
• Communication – Communicates clearly and succinctly, verbally and in writing, with diplomacy, tact and credibility; ensures that important information is shared with others as appropriate; ability to use multiple channels to communicate messages; ensures that problems or issues are identified and shared as appropriate; understands how to tailor and deliver audience appropriate message.
• Technology – Possesses the functional and technical knowledge and skills to perform the job (including proficiency in Microsoft Office products, and ability to learn additional software necessary).
• Interpersonal Awareness – Understands the interests and concerns of others; accurately interprets, anticipates and responds to other’s feelings; listens attentively and responds constructively; understands non-verbal communication/behavior; fosters open communication; works cooperatively within a team.
• Self-Management – Confident in own abilities and positions; displays personal presence in a professional manner; functions well and maintains self-control under pressure; and has knowledge and awareness of own personality and behaviors. Consistently demonstrates credibility through responsibility, reliability and trustworthiness in actions and interactions with others.
• Jewish and Israel Knowledge – Understands Jewish customs and Jewish values; exhibits sensitivity to differences and potential ethical dilemmas in the working place; and is aware of the role and importance of the relationship with Israel and the North American Jewish Community.
Please apply via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or online at our website www.benderjccgw.org/jobs