The Director is hired by the Executive Director and is directly responsible to the Executive Director for oversight and management of all personnel and activities of the Center.
The role of the Director is to provide the vision, which defines the present and future mission of both existing and new operations and programs of the Early Childhood Center. The Director, with the support, assistance and
approval of the ECC Task Force, Executive Director and Senior Staff team, provides leadership, guidance and direction, especially concerning all key issues, policies and initiatives important to the success and continuance of the institution.
The Director must have proven leadership, organizational and managerial skills to handle the responsibilities of this position. The Director is expected to be accessible and to fulfill his/her responsibilities and carry out this leadership role in a dynamic manner representing the school in the Washington D.C. area community, and to prospective student families, foundations, prospective donors, parents, grandparents, and alumni. The Director cultivates a strong sense of community.
The Director must have experience in Early Childhood Education settings and be versed in best practices regarding Reggio Emilia-inspired approaches to learning. In addition, he/she must have educational credentials that support this position with a Master’s Degree in ECE or a related field.
Further duties of the Director include, but are not limited to:
• Work with the ECC Task Force, Executive Director and Senior Staff to carry out established school policies, review policies and make recommendations for change, attend board meetings, and prepare appropriate reports on all aspects of school operations.
• Oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of the ET-ECC, which runs from 7:30 am to 6:00 pm and includes programming for children ages 2-5. Before school and after school
programming options are available.
• Establish & implement the vision for ET-ECC Reggio-inspired programs in consultation with the RJW-ECC director.
• Serve as a highly visible & accessible leader and cultivate a strong sense of community among ECC constituencies.
• Review, enhance, & implement a Reggio-inspired educational philosophy for ET-ECC programs, events, & celebrations in consultation with the
• Promote a nurturing, welcoming, and engaging atmosphere at the
• Engage with lay leadership to further the mission of the schools and the Temple.
• Create and implement annual
calendar to include school, family, and outreach events, coordinating with the Temple calendar.
• Recruit, supervise, evaluate, and assist with the professional development of ET-ECC staff.
• Oversee & supervise the Director of the ET-ECC Camp Keetov
to ensure consistency with the ECC and the success of the camp’s programming.
• Participate in the annual programmatic cycle of the Temple as it relates to the ET-ECC.
• Prepare annual budget and ensure compliance with same.
• Oversee the maintenance of up-to-date records on students and staff, ensuring that the Temple’s central ET-ECC personnel files are complete.
• Ensure compliance with all licensing requirements for the ET-ECC including, but not limited to, the District Department of Health and the Office of the State Superintendent of Education-Early Childhood.
• Create a dynamic, nurturing and meaningful educational opportunity for children and their families.
• Ensure completion of all appropriate reports to ensure the safety of children, families, and staff.
• Participate as a member of the Senior Staff and attend meetings on a weekly basis.
• Work as part of a team to help promote staff morale and effectiveness, to help lead the staff by example, and to assist in increasing staff efficiency.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Subject line to read: Job Posting Response.