Congregation Adat Reyim, a well-established, vibrant, independent Conservative Congregation of 250 families located 20 minutes outside Washington, D.C. in Springfield, VA, is seeking an Education Director to oversee the educational programming of our religious school students pre-K through high school.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: 3 years progressive experience
Salary: $65,000 to $75,000
● Purpose: To serve as the chief administrator of the religious school (pre-K through B’nai Mitzvah), and of the teen program (post B’nai Mitzvah through Confirmation, and beyond) in developing and implementing policies, programs, curricular activities, and budgets in a manner that promotes the educational development of each student and the professional development of each staff member.
● Supervises all school personnel: Pre-K through high school teachers, madrechim
, and support staff.
● Provides inservices
and other training opportunities which facilitate the professional growth of the school staff and enhance the quality of the instructional program.
● Individualizes and differentiates instruction to meet all students’ academic, emotional, physical, and medical needs
● Identifies the annual school objectives/overarching curricular theme for the school year
● Implements the latest innovative educational philosophies and best practices in overseeing the development of instructional objectives in Hebrew, Judaics, Jewish history, and Jewish values at each grade level, and involves the faculty in the development of specific lessons and special programs.
● Evaluates student progress in the instructional program by means that include the maintaining of up-to-date student data. The Education Director supervises and appraises the performance of the school staff.
● Facilitates Organizational Efficiency: communicates effectively and maintains productive and positive relationships with faculty, office staff, the rabbi, parents, the board, and the community.
● Orients and assists new staff and new students and provides opportunities for their input in the school program.
● Encourages the use of community resources, cooperates with the community in the use of school facilities, interprets the school program for the community, and maintains communication with members of the Jewish community of Greater Washington, as well as our interfaith neighbors.
● Supplies and Equipment: manages, directs, and maintains records on
the materials, supplies and
equipment which are necessary to carry out the daily school routine.
● Reports to President, Administrative Vice President, and Religious School Committee Chair on the Board of Directors
6500 Westbury Oaks Ct
Send resume and cover letter to RelEd@adatyeim.org. All resumes will be reviewed when submitted and interviews will be held as needed.