JSSA’s growing Development team has an opening for an experienced full-time Grant Writer.
• Candidate will oversee Full-Cycle Grant management.
• Researching new prospects, identifying new funding opportunities, writing grant proposals, preparing grant reports and tracking reporting requirements/deadlines.
• Managing all pre-award and post-award activities for the agency and works in partnership with department directors and other stakeholders to ensure proposals meet the agency’s priorities.
• A Grant Writer must be an excellent researcher who not only finds the funding organization whose grants match with their non-profit,
but also must be an astute writer who knows how to properly appeal to the funding organizations board.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 5 years of successful grant writing experience; a master’s degree is preferred.
• The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience crafting funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner and success securing awards of $100,000 or more.
• Experience with some or all of the following: private/family foundation, local/county, state, federal and corporate proposals
• Ideal candidates will possess knowledge of social service, mental health and/or healthcare industries and the current trends in the field.
• Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential. Candidates must be self-motivated, detail oriented
, and highly organized.
• Candidate must possess the capacity to manage a high volume of work in a fast-paced, deadline driven
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) required; Salesforce strongly preferred.
Please apply at Careers@jssa.org