Addiction prevention and support services in our community
Addictive behaviors and the abuse of substances are a growing concern in society. The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington seeks to be an inclusive and caring community. We are working to:
- Educate ourselves about the challenges we and our neighbors face
- Remove stigma that may prevent individuals from seeking help and support
- Build awareness within our community institutions about creating safe, healthy space for people and programs
- Strengthen the infrastructure of treatment and prevention programs appropriate to each individual’s situation
In order to achieve these goals, Federation is implementing the following initiatives to bring greater access to Addiction Prevention resources to members of the Greater Washington community:
- Addiction prevention resources are in the process of being added to the Jconnect community website to provide easily accessible information for families and friends who need it.
- Community Trainings and workshops will provide professionals working in Jewish community with the tools needed to support and help the addiction community.
- Federation’s series of holiday guides are being edited, reprinted and reposted on line using new inclusive language that is sensitive to people with addiction issues.